Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    I'd be interested in any evidence you have for that statement. What is special about 2020?
    toetra is sort of on the right track, but not "end of life" for Windows 7, but end of MS "support" (EOS). This will scare the crap out of most people and they will either go with the 200th "Beta" version of Win 10, or Win 11, or some other operating system like Linux if they are savvy enough.

I've always been relatively happy with MS products from DOS to Win 7. That ended with the release of Win 8 (didn't like the new GUI). I must say that after driving Cadillacs all this time, Linux is like driving a modest Chevy (you actually have to manually turn on the headlights, windshield wipers, etc., and remember to turn them off. Good heavens!).

At this point in my life I pretty much only use a computer for email, web surfing, and playing some games. Linux will suffice for that and hopefully get better with time. My Win 7 computer will join my XP, 98SE, and 95B computers for doing certain things well (like playing old games).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjimphelps
    I have not yet tried Linux Mint. This is on my list of things to try.

Hopefully it will cause my old computer to work at a reasonable speed.
    It has similar hardware requirements to Ubuntu, so should work at a similar speed...

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CEScott View Post
    toetra is sort of on the right track, but not "end of life" for Windows 7, but end of MS "support" (EOS).
    Yes, you are correct. I hadn't had enuf coffee when I responded.....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456