Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 1,065 Posts
    I get the same results as before. I am now running build 15031.
    Joe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Brownie & Joe,

Just finished loading ..031 and the Version 30-30 runs both locally and over the lan from my dekstop.

Advanced Network Settings:
    --- Laptop running 15032 ---
    Turn on network discovery.
    Turn on File and Printer sharing.
    Allow Windows to manage homegroup....
    HomeGroup Listener set to Manual and Not currently running
    HomeGroup Provider set to Manual(Trigger Start) and currently RUNNING!

--- Desktop running 14393 ---
    Turn on network discovery.
    Turn on File and Printer sharing.
    Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers.
    HomeGroup Listener & HomeGroup Provider Services Disabled

Both machines have an administrator account with the same userid/password combination.

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 1,065 Posts
    My network settings are the same as your laptop settings. I am running using a Microsoft Account in the admin group.
    Joe

Thanks
    Hey Y'all,

I think I have this thing figured out but I'll need some testing to confirm.

Here's what I did to track down the problem:
    1. Did a fresh install of Win 10 Pro Insider 16025 (latest ISO I could find). I actually killed the partitions to insure I got a clean slate. The only settings that were changed are those shown below.
    2. Set-PSRemoting RemoteSigned
    3. Ran version 30-30 and received error on Set-WSManQuickConfig..."One connection type set to public"
    4. Changed to Private via Settings, e.g. Allow discovery!
    5. Run #2 $CS=New-PSSession -ComputerName ... caused error.
    6. Run in debug mode and determined that the check for WSMan passing when I was expecting it to fail.
    7. Removed test for WSMan and just allowed Enable-PSRemoting to run reguardless.] *---Success---*
    8. Run #3 provided the name of another computer on the local network - Failed - But the program caught this and provided the appropriate error message. I use Home as my workgroup name and windows defaults to Workgroup. Changed workgroup to Home.
    9. Run #4 can now access other computers on the network.
    10. I was getting everything but I still got an error message, from the program, that the remote computer was unaccessible!
    11. Run again in debug mode stepping through the program. Turns out the code for getting the Windows Update settings was causing this problem. Strangely enough this worked fine when run locally on the same computer
      PCINFO-HomeGroupOn-FileSharingOff.JPG
    12. Knowing this worked on my network I changed the advanced sharing settings to Allow Printer and File sharing and Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers. ---Success--- Why this works I surely don't know but it does.
      PCINFO-HomeGroupOff-FileSharingON.JPG

I plan on working on the code for accessing the WU settings, I borrowed that code, but first I'd like to get another round of testing to verify my tests work out in the wild.

The new program no longer requires any setup program just run it as Administrator with the settings as shown above and in the comments.

Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1 Dev-CMsPCInfo.zip This is version 40-40 BTW.

Thanks again for testing.

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Hi RG, just tried it straight (no changes and no parameters) and still had the network error - saying this computer is unreachable. Set 'use user accounts...' to on, but with a subtly different error
    New-PSSession : [USS-DEFIANT] Connecting to remote server USS-DEFIANT failed with the following error message : WinRM
    cannot process the request. The following error with errorcode 0x8009030e occurred while using Negotiate
    authentication: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.
    I haven't tried it with my other PC on the network switched on - should I do so?

You must be learning a lot about Powershell!
    What do you mean nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years.

Thanks
    Access,

It should not make a difference if other computers on the network are turned on or not as long as you aren't trying to get the program to work on them. Thanks for testing!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Hmmm...

Code:
    New-PSSession : [IAN-W10] Connecting to remote server IAN-W10 failed with the following error message : WinRM cannot
    process the request. The following error with errorcode 0x8009030e occurred while using Negotiate authentication: A
    specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.
     Possible causes are:
      -The user name or password specified are invalid.
      -Kerberos is used when no authentication method and no user name are specified.
      -Kerberos accepts domain user names, but not local user names.
      -The Service Principal Name (SPN) for the remote computer name and port does not exist.
      -The client and remote computers are in different domains and there is no trust between the two domains.
     After checking for the above issues, try the following:
      -Check the Event Viewer for events related to authentication.
      -Change the authentication method; add the destination computer to the WinRM TrustedHosts configuration setting or
    use HTTPS transport.
     Note that computers in the TrustedHosts list might not be authenticated.
       -For more information about WinRM configuration, run the following command: winrm help config. For more
    information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
     Other Possible Cause:
      -The domain or computer name was not included with the specified credential, for example: DOMAIN\UserName or
    COMPUTER\UserName.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:3163 char:9
    +   $CS = New-PSSession -ComputerName "$CompName"
    +         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotin
       gTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 1312,PSSessionOpenFailed
    Invoke-Command : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Session'. The argument is null or empty. Provide an argument
    that is not null or empty, and then try the command again.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:352 char:32
    +   $CompSysObj = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                                ~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Invoke-Command], ParameterBindingValidationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeCommandCommand

Invoke-Command : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Session'. The argument is null or empty. Provide an argument
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:426 char:32
    +   $enclosure =  Invoke-Command @ICArgs
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Invoke-Command], ParameterBindingValidationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeCommandCommand

Cannot index into a null array.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:428 char:3
    +   $ChassisNo = $enclosure.ChassisTypes[0]
    +   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NullArray

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:446 char:33
    +   $BIOSObject =  Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                                 ~~~~~~~

Get-BiosType : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'CS' because it is null.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:474 char:30
    +     Switch (Get-BiosType -CS $CS) {
    +                              ~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Get-BiosType], ParameterBindingValidationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Get-BiosType

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:506 char:32
    +   $CPU_Object = Invoke-Command @ICArgs

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:555 char:32
    +   $MemoryInfo = Invoke-Command @ICArgs  |

Get-MaxLength : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'TestObj' because it is null.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:559 char:29
    +      Get-MaxLength -TestObj $MemoryInfo.Manufacturer -MinLen 12
    +                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Get-MaxLength], ParameterBindingValidationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Get-MaxLength

Format-Table : The Width key has no value.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:577 char:31
    +   $MemoryInfo = $MemoryInfo | Format-Table -Property $fmtMEM |
    +                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Format-Table], NotSupportedException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DictionaryKeyMissingValue,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.FormatTableCommand
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:649 char:27
    +   $Video = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                           ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:702 char:26
    +   $Mons = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                          ~~~~~~~

Add-Member : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'InputObject' because it is null.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:707 char:11
    +   $Mons | Add-Member @AMArgs
    +           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Add-Member], ParameterBindingValidationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddMemberCo
       mmand

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:756 char:35
    +   $MNLen = Get-MaxLength -TestObj $Mons.Name         -MinLen 12
    +                                   ~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Get-MaxLength], ParameterBindingValidationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Get-MaxLength

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:757 char:35
    +   $MFLen = Get-MaxLength -TestObj $Mons.Manufacturer -MinLen 12
    +                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:784 char:18
    +          $mons | Format-Table -Property $monfmt | Out-String
    +                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Format-Table], NotSupportedException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DictionaryKeyMissingValue,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.FormatTableCommand
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:818 char:35
    +     $PhyDiskInfo = Invoke-Command @PDIArgs
    +                                   ~~~~~~~~

Add-Member : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'InputObject' because it is null.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:825 char:20
    +     $PhyDiskInfo | Add-Member @AMArgs
    +                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Add-Member], ParameterBindingValidationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddMemberCo
       mmand

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:830 char:20
    +     $PhyDiskInfo | Add-Member @AMArgs
    +                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       mmand

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:846 char:35
    +     $RotateSpeed = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                                   ~~~~~~~

Cannot index into a null array.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:884 char:23
    +   $TrimStatus = (&{If([int]$TrimVal[1] -eq 0)
    +                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NullArray

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:894 char:28
    +     Get-MaxLength -TestObj $PhyDiskInfo.Model        -MinLen 4
    +                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:896 char:28
    +     Get-MaxLength -TestObj $PhyDiskInfo.SerialNumber -MinLen 13
    +                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:931 char:12
    +            Format-Table -Property $fmtPhyDisk1 | Out-String
    +            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:940 char:12
    +            Format-Table -Property $fmtPhyDisk2 | Out-String
    +            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:2566 char:18
    +   Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                  ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1001 char:33
    +    $Partitions = Invoke-Command @ICArgs

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1005 char:16
    +  $Partitions | Add-Member @AMArgs
    +                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       mmand

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1029 char:30
    +   $CD      =  Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                              ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1064 char:34
    +   $MappedDrives = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                                  ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1127 char:33
    +   $ShareInfo  = Invoke-Command  @ICArgs |

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1273 char:31
    +     $NetInfo = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                               ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1275 char:39
    +     $NameLen = Get-MaxLength -TestObj $NetInfo.Name -MinLen 10
    +                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1287 char:12
    +            Format-Table -Property $fmtNet -wrap | Out-String
    +            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1306 char:30
    +     $IPInfo = invoke-command @ICArgs

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1368 char:39
    +   $tboxPrinters.Text = Invoke-Command @ICArgs |
    +                                       ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1381 char:29
    +   $CurOS   = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                             ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:2728 char:30
    +      Invoke-Command -Session $cs -ScriptBlock $SBCode
    +                              ~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1408 char:36
    +   $LastBootUpTime = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                                    ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1428 char:35
    +     $OSCompacted = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                                   ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1454 char:30
    +     $RO     = Invoke-Command @ROArgs

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:2428 char:24
    +   $av = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                        ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:2678 char:19
    +    Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                   ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1631 char:36
    +   $UIDLen = Get-MaxLength -TestObj $uai.Name   -MinLen 6
    +                                    ~~~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1632 char:36
    +   $WGLen  = Get-MaxLength -TestObj $uai.Domain -MinLen 9
    +                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1653 char:19
    +   $uai   = $uai | Format-Table -Property $fmtAcct | Out-String
    +                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1725 char:33
    +   $DriverInfo =  Invoke-Command @ICArgs |

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1731 char:28
    +     Get-MaxLength -TestObj $DriverInfo.DriverVersion -MinLen 14
    +                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1744 char:19
    +     $DriverInfo | Format-Table -Property $fmtDRVR | Out-String
    +                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1924 char:26
    +   $Prop = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                          ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1942 char:28
    +   $Prop   = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                            ~~~~~~~

You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1946 char:23
    +       ARIV = ([Bool]$($Prop.HibernateEnabled.Equals(1)))}
    +                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1959 char:18
    +   Invoke-Command @ICArgs |
    +                  ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1978 char:28
    +   $UAC    = invoke-command @ICArgs
    +                            ~~~~~~~

You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1980 char:3
    +   $ARArgs = @{ARIN = 'Registry: UAC Enabled'
    +   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:1994 char:30
    +   $ScvsList = Invoke-Command @ICArgs

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:2048 char:34
    +   $colBatStatus = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                                  ~~~~~~~

At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:2118 char:31
    +    $colItems = Invoke-Command @ICArgs
    +                               ~~~~~~~

Remove-PSSession : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Session' because it is null.
    At D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo\Dev-CMsPCInfo.ps1:3167 char:29
    +   Remove-PSSession -Session $CS
    +                             ~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Remove-PSSession], ParameterBindingValidationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.RemovePSSes
       sionCommand

PS D:\Downloads\Dev-CMsPCInfo>
    cm2102.PNG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Hey Y'all,

I've thrown in the towel on this on and have created a version just for the local pc. You can find the thread for that program here.

HTH

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234