Thread: Unstable typing

Lounger
    Thanks

Unstable typing

I have a new laptop HP Envy x360 2in1 m6-aq103dx Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't know what Windows Secret category to put this question in so I am putting it in Chrome because it happens more in Chrome.

I am frequently experiencing 2 problems when typing online. It happens in both my brouser and with Word type software. I can be typing along and stop to think further and while I am thinking it will disappear or I could be typing along and I look up and the line is continued somewhere else on the page! I have typed paragraphs and sat back to think more, hen I watch it flat disappear. It's like the old days of DOS, when you had to type something and then save it, type some more and save. The problem today is that sometimes there is no way to save...such as forums etc. I have no idea. I thought at first that it might happen when the browser refreshes every so often but that is not the case. I also thought that I had to have a rhythm or something like that...not so. I then thought maybe it had something to do with the touchpad sensitivity but I use a mouse most of the time?

I am at a loss but so is my data...I have to figure this out soon! I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks
    I sometimes experience delays with my Windows 10 computer while in Office 2016. Even when not in Office, there are delays, but not as bad as when I am in Office. Your situation is slightly different than mine, but I think they are similar enough so that we can compare the two.

I don't know why there are delays, but my theory is that Windows 10 (and Office 2016) are more "cloud" oriented than previous versions of Windows and Office; in other words, they are interfacing with "remote" locations a lot, and this slows things down.

So this may be one reason for your delays.

Another thing: Try using a different browser. I suggest that you try both Opera and Brave, because both are fast. Also, Opera is Chromium-based (similar to Chrome), while Brave is probably a lot like Firefox (the author of Brave used to be the CEO of Mozilla). In other words, you'll get a good sampling of different kinds of browser technologies.

Good luck!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Check at Settings, Devices, Mouse & touchpad, Touchpad, To help prevent the cursor from accidentally moving while you type, change the delay before click works

Try increasing the setting to Medium or Long delay.