3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Video Editing Issue with Camtasia 9 and Surface Book

I am editing some videos I produced in Camtasia 9 (screen recorder) on my Surface Book. When I originally filmed the screencasts and edited and exported most of them, I accidentally used the internal graphics processor versus the high-performance NVIDIA graphics processor. This made exporting my projects SLOW, plus at times, my system would actually freeze during the editing process since it'd hit the processor too much.

This time around, I've switched to the high performance NVIDIA graphics processor to edit the rest of my projects which hopefully will speed things up and not freeze up my Surface Book. However, there's a new issue going on.

When I play my videos live in the timeline so I can listen to and edit them in the timeline, every few seconds I'm hearing the Windows 10 chime that is played when someone plugs or unplugs a device from Windows. It keeps happening over and over during the editing stage of playing back the videos (it is not recorded in the videos itself since I switched back to the internal GPU and the chime went away). What do I need to do to eliminate this excessively noisy connect/disconnect chime when my videos are playing back, and why would my system be doing this during video edits?

I'm running Creators and the latest drivers for my Surface Book.

Thanks!
    Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://weathertogether.net

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I resolved this. Right-clicking on the NVIDIA graphics card in Device Manager, uninstalling it, and rebooting it, kicked everything in beautifully. Also updated Camtasia to ensure it was fully compatible with Creators.
    Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://weathertogether.net