2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

RoboForm version 8 "free version"

I'm a RoboForm v7 user (using the version that keeps credentials on PC; not the "everywhere" version). The other day I got what to me is a confusing E-mail from Siber Systems; RoboForm version 8 is out. They have two versions; the "free" version and the "everywhere" version. The "free" version sounds exactly like what I'm running in version 7, especially since they claim "unlimited logons". Their free version only used to support a small number (10 I think). Is anyone else using this new free version? It seems odd that they'd be offering essentially what I pay for today in version 7 as free in version 8.

Rob
    (afraid of the clouds)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMainframeGuy View Post
    I'm a RoboForm v7 user (using the version that keeps credentials on PC; not the "everywhere" version).
    Same here.

I haven't tried v8, but the email info is legit—here's the relevant site page:
    RoboForm Free vs. Everywhere

Their free version only used to support a small number (10 I think).
    Yes, that's my recollection too—I've been using Pro for over a decade.

My guess is that Siber have changed their marketing model, and are now giving away the desktop model with the reasonable expectation that many users will upgrade to the paid version which is aimed at mobile devices and cloud sync abilities.
    Lugh.
    ~
    Dell Alienware Aurora R6; Win10 Home x64 1803; Office 365 x32
    i7-7700; GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400; 2 x 256G SSD, 4TB HD

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
    Same here.

I haven't tried v8, but the email info is legit—here's the relevant site page:
    RoboForm Free vs. Everywhere

Yes, that's my recollection too—I've been using Pro for over a decade.

My guess is that Siber have changed their marketing model, and are now giving away the desktop model with the reasonable expectation that many users will upgrade to the paid version which is aimed at mobile devices and cloud sync abilities.
    I opened a support ticket with Siber and you are correct. I actually tried to install v8 yesterday when I reinstalled Windows but the install asked me to log into my "RoboForm account" (or to create a new one) so I abandoned that install and reinstalled v7, not knowing why I would need an account. I updated the support ticket asking why I would need an account on their site for free software. If the answer is reasonable, I'll install v8. I've been using it for many years and aside from having some ornery moments, it works well.