New Lounger
    Thanks

New Ubuntu version unable to write to NTFS

I just downloaded and created a USB boot drive of the 17.04 and tried to use it to reset the admin password on one of my clients laptops. It seems that I was able to copy files but I could not delete, move, or rename files on the NTFS drive. I tried to find and install the NTfS-3G but it doesn't look to be available at least yet for 17.04. Just curious if anyone has similar experience and if they were able to overcome it?

Thanks
    No problem w/ Mint ver 18 installed on disk.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wavy For This Useful Post:

Lex Rex (2017-05-05)

Thanks
    It looks like 17.04 is not yet in Long Term Support. So maybe there are some issues with it.

I have 16.04, which is in Long Term Support. I've never had any problems reading from or writing to an NTFS drive. I'm running Xubuntu, not Ubuntu, but I don't believe that that would have any impact on this issue.

Perhaps you would be better off going with 16.04.2 LTS rather than with 17.04.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

Lex Rex (2017-05-05)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. It's been a while since I've needed to use a linux bootdisk to repair a drive and was beginning to believe that maybe NTFS might not be easy to work with anymore. I have 16.04 on two of my computers and it has been stable so I think I'll go ahead and create another bootable thumbdrive for it. BTW, my tails drive didn't even see the drive but its purpose is different so I figured that is probably a good thing.