Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    La Jolla, CA
    Posts
    1,563
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 71 Times in 67 Posts

    Is the site really back?

    WOW...it was out for quite a period of time. Is it really back and stable?

  2. #2
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
    It's back, but is approx. 9 months out of date and is not secure as in no Https. Please read the thread directly above yours for more details.

  3. #3
    Silver Lounger RolandJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Austin metro area TX USA
    Posts
    1,896
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 143 Times in 140 Posts
    In the older days, the word forum in "front" of windowsecrets... means a server named forum was inserted into the mix. After I updated both WSL URLs, no more 404s.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

  4. #4
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    701
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
    I suppose there wasn't an alternative server site (in this case, cold site) to address such catastrophes. At least the site's back up and running and I don't get the security message when trying to log in any longer.

  5. #5
    New Lounger plankton23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CEScott View Post
    It's back, but is approx. 9 months out of date and is not secure as in no Https. Please read the thread directly above yours for more details.
    Yep....and during that time frame is when I joined and I was completely wiped out. Now I have to start all over with new user name/password. Let to good times roll....lol!

  6. #6
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plankton23 View Post
    Yep....and during that time frame is when I joined and I was completely wiped out. Now I have to start all over with new user name/password. Let to good times roll....lol!
    That's a bummer. If you were wiped out, I would think you should be able to put at least your original name back in. I'm hoping that good times will roll again!

  7. #7
    Gold Lounger wavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked 164 Times in 153 Posts

    Nice Avatar Plankton!

    David

    Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

  8. #8
    Administrator Rick Corbett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Glos., UK
    Posts
    2,980
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 812 Times in 655 Posts
    @wavy... looking forward to the 'wavy' (as in 'motion') avatar of 'that bridge'.

    Surprised that no-one picked up on my 'it's not an avatar', it's 'a GIF of an Avatar' avatar.

    Haven't you folks watched 'The Fault in our Stars'?

    ROFL
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2018-03-20 at 18:15.

  9. #9
    Gold Lounger wavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked 164 Times in 153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Corbett View Post
    @wavy... looking forward to the 'wavy' (as in 'motion') avatar of 'that bridge'.

    Surprised that no-one picked up on my 'it's not an avatar', it's 'a GIF of an Avatar' avatar.

    Haven't you folks watched 'The Fault in our Stars'?

    ROFL
    ROFL

    and not me.
    David

    Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •