Lounger
    Thanks

HP UEFI BIOS diagnostics

I ran a battery diagnostics program on my HP laptop included in the UEFI BIOS utilities. It wrote the report but where did it land? I let it default to "current location" but I have no idea where that is before Windows starts nor do I know the reports name to begin looking for it. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

Thanks
    Current Location would indicate that the report would be wherever the program was when you launched the program.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Run the report again and choose a different location.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Have you clicked the Test Logs tab?

Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry I haven't been able to reply since my original post. The lounge didn't consider me a member anymore after my first post. I finally got some help to reset that.

Since the UEFI BIOS utilities are run from a menu before Windows 10 starts what is the OS and how do I specify a path? The Test Logs tab allows me to save a report. I sure wish I had an idea what the report is named and where.

My problem is related to a battery test. I've come to the conclusion my battery must be failing. Sometimes the test reports the battery is fine yet the BIOS battery 601 error is often shown. I'm very disappointed in HP. This laptop only has an internal battery, can only be removed by disacembly, its only three years old and the battery is no longer available. I've looked on EBay and found many for sale but totally lost on which seller to trust.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Download HP Support Assistant
    http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/h...l#.V7bFrE197bg
    When completed the battery test is available and the report is easy to read

I went to HP's parts store: you can enter their required information to know the correct battery for your laptop.
    https://parts.hp.com/Hpparts/Search_...&searchvalue=A
    --- I would compare eBay with at least one other laptop battery company such as
    https://batteries.factoryoutletstore...672e48ac4a19c5

EDIT: I just found this article that tells us Windows 10 has a built-in hidden battery report tool.
    https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/g...ort-windows-10
    I hope this helps.
    Last edited by cmptrgy; 2018-03-24 at 07:59.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cmptrgy For This Useful Post:

LJB (2018-03-24)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Very interesting Windows 10 battery report. Since March 4, my battery has been acting very unusual. The report often shows it is completely missing and on other dates completely normal 4+ hour life. I tried installing the HP battery test recently but it said it was incompatible with my HP laptop. I remove and reinstalled the batter a week ago but the intermittent problem remains. I was thinking it might be a connector problem but nothing changed. I ordered a replacement from an EBay seller yesterday but the FactoryOutletStore link has 761230-005 too for a similar price.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I believe if you use HP Support Assistant it will recognize your laptop and run the included Battery test.

Here is another article I found if you want to check it out.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

I wouldn't know how to measure the electrical connection but maybe when the report shows it's completely missing, it could be an electrical source problem and/or the AC Adapter.
    --- Googling might be helpful if you want to consider how to do that and/or computer battery monitors.
    When you install your replacement battery, it might be a worth considering those ideas.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cmptrgy For This Useful Post:

LJB (2018-03-25)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, HP Support Assistant works with my laptop. I just installed the new battery and the HP Support Assistant test runs successfully. I had looked at the tenforums.com suggestion and it works too although I don't understand the results... so much data. I'll be watching the performance of the new battery carefully.