Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Moon.

Thanks
    Dave, I see you have 4GB RAM. That's minimum for x64, consider getting another 4GB to give yourself some breathing space—should be the same type as you already have for max compatibility. The main reasons to move to x64 is usually so you can access more than 4GB of RAM.

Image & backup as the guys said already. Fyi the reinstall of x64 OS will only wipe the C: drive—if you have other drives, they should be untouched. It can be a good idea to have your data—ie personal files—on another drive, which can be a partition of your physical HD if you only have one.

Note also that when you have an x64 OS, you are often still better off to install x32 programs—eg last time I checked, MS still advised installing x32 Office on x64 OS. I install x32 software unless I have a clear reason to go x64, main reason being that a lot of plugins & addons don't have x64 versions, or the x64s aren't as stable. A good reason to go x64 software is if the program will be dealing with large files, ie multi-GB.
    Lugh.
    ~
    Dell Alienware Aurora R6 (new 2017)
    Win10 Home x64 1709; Office 365 x32
    GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400
    256G SSD, 1TB HD

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Lugh, thanks for all the additional info.
    I still have'nt decided to do the upgrade, as presently the 32bit is working fine.
    Presently I have a 160GB hard drive of which only 25.2GB is free so maybe I need a
    larger hard drive to create a partition for my personal files?
    With Firefox and Thunderbird running the memory is 69% otherwise the memory is 49%. Firefox is a hogger.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12