2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problems with sending bulk emails using Gmail

I am chair of a small charitable organisation with about 350 members. For some years, I have used a gmail account set up for this organisation to send emails to all the members. This has worked without any difficulty - this is below the 500 recipients allowed by gmail. Today, however, all the emails were rejected - the only information was "message rejected". I have, however, been able to send the identical email to 50 people at a time without any problems. I wonder if anyone can tell me why this might be, and if there is anything I can do to stop it happening. Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    500 per day total sent is a separate restriction (from 500 recipients on one message): Gmail Help: Limits for sending and getting mail https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22839

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would be grateful if someone could advise me as to why I can no longer send an email to 350 recipients at once, but cans end the same email to the same number of people in batches of 50.

I have been doing this successfully for several years but it failed yesterday.

Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,232 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Could be that gmail has identified you as a spammer for some reason. Have you checked gmail support? You may need to contact them to resolve this.
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It allows me to send the email in batches of 50, but rejects exactly the same email when I try to send to 350 people, so I don't think it i seeing me as a spammer.