Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lounger
    Thanks
    WORD PROBLEM IS SOLVED. I did an internet search on the exception 0xe0000002 and found a site where someone who had the same problem found that Malwarebytes was the cause. So I tried closing it, and then restarting Word, and File/Open immediately opened to my default Word documents and I was able to open any file.

I will notify Malwarebytes, and I hope that they can come up with a fix. But for now, I will just close it when I want to use Word.

I hope this will help anyone else with the same problem or anything else that gives the same exception.

Sheila

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sheila_c For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2018-06-04),satrow (2018-06-04)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sheila_c
    WORD PROBLEM IS SOLVED. I did an internet search on the exception 0xe0000002 and found a site where someone who had the same problem found that Malwarebytes was the cause.
    Excellent sleuthing! Thanks for posting back after finding the answer yourself. No doubt the info may help others. It will be interesting to hear if Malwarebytes come up with a fix, given the age of Office/Word 2007.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I just found out that Malwarebytes' newest update takes care of the problem! They did know about it, but many (maybe most) of the victims did not know (like me!). I think it affected some of the newer versions of Word also.

Sheila

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12