New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Bring back drop-down in FF 60 search box

I want to bring back the drop-down search engine selections in the search box in Firefox v60. I had been clinging tenaciously to v43.0 in order to retain them but PayPal forced me to update. In previous versions of Firefox there was an add-on called "Classic Theme Restorer" which I used but that add-on is not allowed in v60.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The drop down is still there. Hover over the magnifying glass and click on the drop down v.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thomasjk For This Useful Post:

MikeStarr (2018-06-08)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjk View Post
    The drop down is still there. Hover over the magnifying glass and click on the drop down v.
    Thanks much. I never would have thought of that because I've never felt a need to hover over the magnifying glass.

<snark>Apparently the arrow took up so many pixels that the bright young kids at Mozilla decided it needed to be hidden.</snark>

It does frustrate the bejeezus out of me that they have a tendency to remove functionality with no warning and not even offer an option to restore it. They did that with toolbars... toolbars no longer allowed. I use RoboForm and the toolbar is far more useful than the RoboForm icon that's put on the FF toolbar by default (too many clicks and a long pause to wait for the menu to notice which site I'm on and offer the saved login). At least the RoboForm team was able to place their toolbar at the bottom of the FF screen. I'll get adjusted to this stuff but I'm an old fart and set in my ways and hate being forced to change how I use stuff.
    Last edited by MikeStarr; 2018-06-08 at 13:08. Reason: Added additional comments.