Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 version 1803 problem

Window 10 version10803 keeps starting and failing many times.

Any suggestions please

Thanks in advance Braddy
    If you are a fool at forty, you will always be a fool

Thanks
    What exactly is "starting and failing many times"? Are you talking about the upgrade to 1803, are you talking about blue screens/black screens after the upgrade? We need much more information before any meaningful suggestions might be made.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi I'm sorry if i was a bit vague I will try to explain, the upgrade to 1803 started and it belive to have downloaded but when it tries to install It keeps failed to install please retry (see attachment) I have tried several times to no availAttachment 51343
    Thank you for your reply
    Braddy

EDIT: Attachment inadvertently deleted while deleting double posting.
    Last edited by BruceR; 2018-06-14 at 05:26.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 1,046 Posts
    If you are trying to post a screen shot, use Windows Snipping Tool, save as PNG, then use the "Insert Image" button to attach the file.

I would hold off installing 1803 for a bit, it's still not ready for the big time.

cheers, Paul

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Paul T
    Looks like I don't have any choice, Thanks for your reply.
    Thanks Braddy

Thanks
    Go to the MS Windows 10 download site. Skip the "Update now" button and look below the "Download tool now" button and click the + beside "Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC (click to show more or less information)"

Follow the steps outlined. You will be getting the very latest version of 1803 in this download. I highly recommend USB flash drive (you'll need at least an 8GB flash drive) for the upgrade; it runs much faster than a DVD.

I highly recommend that you use imaging software to create a drive image before you proceed any further.

Booted into Windows 10, with the USB flash drive inserted, navigate to your USB flash and find "setup.exe", right-click on it and select "Run as administrator". Acknowledge any UAC prompts and let the installation process begin. Don't interrupt the process other than to respond to prompts given you by the installation process.

If you have further difficulty, let us know.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbearren For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2018-06-14),Vincenzo (2018-06-16)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi bbearren
    Many Thanks worked a treat everything looks OK so far,
    Thanks again
    Braddy