Thanks

Firefox Quantum Shortcut icons

I really like the new Firefox Quantum, currently v61.0 64-bit.

Except for the icons it makes for shortcuts. If I drag a page to my desktop, The icon Firefox makes one would at times need a magnifier to see.

In the attached, both icons are from the same page. The one on the left was made while the page was being viewed in Internet Explorer v11 32-bit. The one on the right is the same page shortcut, but this one via Firefox.

Now, admittedly, my vision is less than optimal, but even so...

Is there any way to modify Firefox's shortcut process? I posted this same question to the Firefox board, but no response as of yet. Aside from this issue, and a couple small things that I believe to be part of growing pains for the new browser, I really like the new Firefox Quantum. I am hopeful there is a cure available. Right now all I can do is open the same page in IE and then create the shortcut. Usable, but less than handy.
    Rachel Maddow.png
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You can change the icon to something more visible:- right click on the shortcut, select Properties, click on Web document and you should see a gray box entitled change icon.
    Select the one you want, or browse for one you have on your machine, and click OK, Apply, as appropriate.

Thanks
    Trev, One can do that, but that method defaults to shell32.dll which isn't going to contain the various individual page icons obviously. But it would/does cure the graphic size issue.

It seems that if one wants the specific icon from a given site, the easiest way at this point is to go there via iexplorer, and drop the page shortcut on the desktop. The icon still then must be retrieved from C:\Users\%User%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\IN etCache\Content.MSO.

But once you have it that way, you can save it and not worry about it "disappearing."

On the one hand, it could be argued "Why does it matter?" But then one could take the position that since having it really work correctly should not only not be that difficult, but is already proven to be available, and it just depends on a specific browser's methodology, so why not?
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"