3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Logging out forces password reset

I had experienced this a while back (since the forum came back on-line), but assumed it was a one-off. However, today I logged out to try to resolve why private messages were not showing up in my 'sent' folder (still not resolved). When I logged back in, I was forced to request a pw change, the email arrived in my 'normal' gmail acct, I clicked on the link, got sent a new temporary pw and had to clcick on yet another link in the resulting email to change it to something I wanted.

When I shut my browser down, it seems I got logged out again (I may not have clicked 'remember me') and had to go through the rigmarole all over again. This time I seem to stay logged in, but only time (and browser-closing) will tell.

Is this just me, or are others affected?

Martin

Thanks
    Just logged out, closed browser, logged back in without a problem.

Opera browser.

PS is it possible you used two different browsers? I'm fairly sure each browser will have it's own set of cookies, so 'remember me' in Firefox will not work in Edge or any other one.
    Last edited by Lugh; 2018-07-08 at 18:35. Reason: PS
    Lugh.
    ~
    Dell Alienware Aurora R6; Win10 Home x64 1803; Office 365 x32
    i7-7700; GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400; 2 x 256G SSD, 4TB HD

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Same browser every time (FF-52 on XP - hope that's not it) - I am reluctant to waste time trying again, so will sit on it for now.