New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Thinkcentre M90p - New WIN 10 installation doesnt boot & lags

I own a Thinkcentre M90p - Ive only added a NVIDA quadro 4000 and 16gigs of ram to the stock product.
    Initially, I was wondering why it was over heating so i removed the CPU Heatsink Fan to check what the issue was, and cleared the dust. However when i did this, the bracket behind the mother board snapped. So i removed everything to get the fan+mount back on.
    After i did that, the PC couldn't read my windows 10 HDD/SSD with error 1762 ... After struggling to figure out what to do with the equipment i had, I had switched around the drives... defaulting BIOS, however the WIN 10 kept saying it needed to be repaired. and the repairing took a long time. Ultimately failing and not successfully starting up... kept going in a loop.. FANs were LOUD and WIN 10 screen / repair screen / format installation was very very slow... BIOS setup screen wasn't laggy in comparison...
    I ended up putting a SSD in a laptop and fresh installing windows on it.. and now that SSD is in SATA1 connection.
    I have replugged all hardware at least 3 times.
    I removed the BIOS battery piece correctly and reset.
    I have attempted a HDD and a SSD that had fresh installs of windows...
    I have unplugged power, grounded, 60sec power 30sec release 60sec power, replug..
    I have attempted to run on less ram, with and without non-stock graphics card...
    Basically I have done all the basic fix's i have found looking for answers from people with similar problems...

I am now at the point where I reinstalled windows home on another SSD and tried to boot it. I have removed the graphics card, any unused USB, have the two stock RAM sticks it came with, and I have tweaked with the BIOS to see if some settings will allow it to boot but the problem persists, where the FANs are LOUD, and the i am stuck at the Blue logo screen "preparing automatic repair". I will attempt to bypass the repair loop with command prompt but i have done that with my other SSD with no progress. This boot / reinstall / repair / please wait / recovery ~ all is considerably slow compared to initial screen with blinking ( I ) , and BIOS utility set up as well.. the repair either fails or the pc crashes on its own...

any help is appreciated, thank you for your time!

Thanks
    Sounds like you have a serious hardware issue.

Check your CMOS battery. Replace it if it is low or dead.

When you take the CMOS battery out to check it, first unplug all wires and devices which are connected to the computer. Remove the CMOS battery, and leave it out for about 10 minutes. Then put it back in; then reconnect only the mouse, keyboard, and monitor. Now power on the computer and try the install again.

Removing all possible power for 10 minutes will completely reset all circuits. You might get lucky and fix the problem by doing this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

Meghz (2018-07-12)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 1,037 Posts

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I apologize for cross posting, I thought getting different feed back from different people may help since all the google searches ive done, were generic answers which i have tested already... also im not sure of all fourm activity.. ive been at it for 3 days and was just frustrated. you may delete post if required.

Also, thanks for the help mrjimphelps, I shall try that after this is loading. Is it easy to get those batteries, are they computer specific or general battery component. Thanks in advance

Thanks
    You'll need to remove the current battery and match it. Generally these batteries are very common. You should be able to get one at any department store, Walgreens, Walmart, etc.

Your CMOS battery is probably model 2032. But don't buy one till you know for sure.

Thanks
    I don't blame you for being frustrated with that, Meghz—and welcome to the WS forum

It's for a different Lenovo machine, but this solution to Error 1762 worked for a few people. The core of it is:
    "Start your PC and Press F1 to enter Setup Utility program. Then press F10 to save and exit the Setup Utility program"
    Lugh.
    ~
    Dell Alienware Aurora R6
    Win10 Home x64 1709; Office 365 x32
    GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400
    2 x 256G SSD, 4TB HD