Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup

DC will take a few minutes to analyse the C:\ drive then display a dialog w/ a list of checkboxes, but it is best to click the "Clean up system files" button which does a much more thorough job of freeing up space (but can take several minutes analyzing).
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    Confuscius said: "no use running harder if you're on the wrong road" and "any problem once correctly understood is already half-solved".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Coochin For This Useful Post:

XP_7 (2018-08-17)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Coochin, will do that as well...

Had a look at temp folders etc...., They are now empty using default ways, some .bat methods, manually search and delete method etc.
    Even though I don't use IE as default browser, it still seems to gather temps.

What I now suspect is resident library and .dll files from some default installs and non default folder installs and un-installs
    Heaps of files dating back to 2009 when using CCleaner duplicate file finder, it's saved txt file is 1.92Kb listing everything.

( I only got this pc early this year, the guy did say he "deleted everything and re-installed Win7, yeah riiight )
    The Win 7 Pro 32 and 64 twin CD set is authentic btw, had it checked.

Dabling with some beginner classes in programing, un-install, update to later versions etc etc. messed up here and there, lots of "start agains"
    with pc _frustrated_dummy_spits.
    This learn curve may have bloated everything due to duplicate library and .dll files that don't get un-installed

I think I'm gonna save what I need, and just re-install Win7 Pro, Office 2010 and the things I know about.
    Then start fresh with the other programming courses one by one.
    Fortunately the geek at the pc repair shop, knows me....been there a few times during the XP days.

A well trodden path no doubt

All my Excel VBA projects are safe, no duplicates there. Something I do right at least, can't blame those.

It's the weekend, Ozzie football finals are happening, the business end of the season....
    will fix it all when time permits, suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12