5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Miss the days when there were threads that mirrored articles from the newsletter for discussion.

Anyway, just have to say I'm really impressed with Task View. Use it all the time now. Launches programs up to twice as fast as just double-clicking a program would launch. Not sure why, but no complaints.
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2018-08-03 at 11:01. Reason: Amended typo in thread title

Thanks
    It's just a guess but... many moons ago WSL staff (VIPs, Mods, Admins) all had subscriptions to the Windows Secrets newsletter, complimentary or otherwise.

In addition, many WSL members also had subscriptions to the Windows Secrets newsletter.

For whatever reasons, I don't believe that this is the case now... perhaps the reason why related posts are far fewer?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,447 Posts
    Lyle,

That's because task view doesn't launch programs it merely brings a running program to the foreground. You can do the same thing by clicking on the programs icon in the task bar (the ones with the under bar are the currently open ones).
    Taskbar.JPG

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    My guess is that the contents of the newsletter is aimed at a less techie audience these days, so there wouldn't be much to discuss.

I used to read the newsletter every time it appeared. Since the change, I let them accumulate and zip thru a month's worth in 15-30 minutes usually.
    Lugh.
    ~
    Dell Alienware Aurora R6; Win10 Home x64 1803; Office 365 x32
    i7-7700; GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400; 2 x 256G SSD, 4TB HD

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use an Excel spreadsheet to track expenses, RG; trust me, the app is closed when I launch it. Also, if I use TV after booting fresh, it's still faster than just double-clicking on my spreadsheet shortcut.

As for address the OP itself, I agree that both Rick and Lugh are spot on. Just sad. I'm a lifer (thought it was worth the investment about 8 (or was it 10) years ago. I still believe so. I originally was a paid subscriber to the Langalist before Fred moved here. Not long after that did I decide that I would pay for a lifetime subscription. Anyway, here's to hoping that the glory days have not passed us.

Thanks
    Fred Langa was talking some months ago about coming out of retirement to restart his LangaList. Has anyone heard any more about this? There's nothing obvious on his website...
    BATcher

Talking to laser printers can be very effective.
    You just need the right toner voice...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Not heard of that, BATcher. Not sure if he signed legal agreements with Windows Secrets that would keep him from doing so either. Time will, of course, tell.