Lounger
    Thanks

Google Chrome stalling / freezing in both Win 7 & Win 10

Good day to all.

I'm having a lot of problems with Google Chrome stalling for extended periods after the latest few Microsoft Security updates. This is happening on 4 different computers, each running either Win 7 Pro or Win 10 Pro. Happens both at work and at home (different ISPs).

Any suggestions what I can do to alleviate this problem?

All Chrome installations are pretty vanilla: I have installed AdBlock in two of the computers and OneTab is installed in all computers. Evernote Web Clipper is installed on either two or three of the browser installations.

One of the suggestions that I saw was to disable hardware acceleration in Chrome settings. I have tried this on the Win 7 computer but no improvement.

Thanks
    Since this is not a known issue, seems like it must be something going on on your 4 computers. I would start by picking one computer and doing a complete uninstall (including remove the Chrome folder in ProgramFiles(x86) and reinstall Chrome with no add ons and see how it works. (if you usually log in to Chrome and sync settings, do not do that until the testing is complete.)

If there is still a problem, try uninstalling the antivirus and see if it runs ok then.

Thanks
    I've run into no problems with Chrome on either W7 or W10 and I have the latest updates ( W10 is on Bld. 1709 not 1803 ). Have you tried going to Settings>Advanced and all the way at the bottom you can reset Chrome or check for any malware etc.
    It has helped me in the past.

Thanks
    When it happens to me, I click on the red x to halt the current operation and then click on the refresh icon and the page comes right in.

Jerry