Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwer View Post
    please tell me how to bypass password on computer ?
    Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Password > Change

When it asks you to enter a new password, leave all the fields blank.
    Lugh.
    ~
    Dell Alienware Aurora R6; Win10 Home x64 1803; Office 365 x32
    i7-7700; GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400; 2 x 256G SSD, 4TB HD

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Again , i did what they say, but my Windows still needs a password to log in .
    Is this still an issue: "my Windows still needs a password to log in"?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    try the following
    How do I log into Windows 10 without a password?
    First, log into your Windows 10 user account as you normally do by entering your password at the login screen. Next, click Start (or tap the Windows Key on your keyboard) and type netplwiz. The “netplwiz” command will appear as a search result in the Start Menu
    Click the netplwiz and on that screen remove the check that is requiring the password usage

Now running Windows 10 64 Bit OS.
    I am so far behind, I think I am First

Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    @jawher

When you ask “please tell me how to bypass password on computer” in post #13, that indicates to us that you are able to log into Windows and you do not want to use a password.
    --- Instructions have been provided and are straightforward.

When you mention “my Windows still needs a password to log in” in post #7 that tells us you cannot log into Windows because your password is either forgotten or unusable for whatever reason.
    --- I think this is the case but I can’t assume that without verification of your present situation.
    --- If this is the case you cannot solve your problem within Windows that I know of if your local admin account is the only user account on your computer.
    --- In post #15, I asked certain questions hoping to find out certain answers.

Please verify what you are up against. There is a solution either way.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cmptrgy View Post
    That gives us what direction to take. I know there is a thread you've gone through but instead of trying to go back what didn't work it would be good to verify the following for us.
    --- Do you have a password reset disk.
    --- Is there another local admin account on your computer.
    --- Is the hidden Administrator account accessible.
    --- I don't know if this is possible but someone else might know: is there another device that normally would use your local admin account if there wasn't a password problem?
    --- And then on that device is there another local admin account in which it could be used to address the password issue your local admin account?

Please don't let those questions frustrate you since you've been trying to fix your password issue so much already.
    --- The reason is there is a way to fix a local admin account forgotten password beyond one of the above processes but one of the above would be pretty straightforward to use.
    For password reset disk --- i don't have .
    There is only one account on my computer.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    try the following
    How do I log into Windows 10 without a password?
    First, log into your Windows 10 user account as you normally do by entering your password at the login screen. Next, click Start (or tap the Windows Key on your keyboard) and type netplwiz. The “netplwiz” command will appear as a search result in the Start Menu
    Click the netplwiz and on that screen remove the check that is requiring the password usage
    Thanks , hope your advice can help me .

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cmptrgy View Post
    @jawher

When you ask “please tell me how to bypass password on computer” in post #13, that indicates to us that you are able to log into Windows and you do not want to use a password.
    --- Instructions have been provided and are straightforward.

When you mention “my Windows still needs a password to log in” in post #7 that tells us you cannot log into Windows because your password is either forgotten or unusable for whatever reason.
    --- I think this is the case but I can’t assume that without verification of your present situation.
    --- If this is the case you cannot solve your problem within Windows that I know of if your local admin account is the only user account on your computer.
    --- In post #15, I asked certain questions hoping to find out certain answers.

Please verify what you are up against. There is a solution either way.
    Add :
    For my question : How to bypass password on computer?
    What i mean is that how do I bypass the login password to log into my computer (Without entering password),i did forget it .

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That advice is very good but how can you log-in to your Windows 10 user account as you normally do if your password isn't working?
    --- If your password is working, great.
    So this is what's confusing me.
    --- Can you or can you not normally sign-in to your Windows 10 user account When you mention “my Windows still needs a password to log in” in post #7?

Thanks
    Add :
    For my question : How to bypass password on computer?
    What i mean is that how do I bypass the login password to log into my computer (Without entering password),i did forget it .
    If your login is a Microsoft Account you can simply contact Microsoft to regain access.
    If your login is a local account then this may do the trick for you.
    Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup...
    - - - - -
    Home Built System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek High Definition Audio

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockE For This Useful Post:

A1ex (2018-10-13),cmptrgy (2018-10-12)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help,i will try it again today.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Once the password is reset, no password will appear at login screenshot. You can do this by booting in safe mode and reset the password with CMD

New Lounger
    Thanks
    CMD involves text formatting, which can be complicated for non-professionals, it's best to try something simpler.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nunzzio View Post
    Once the password is reset, no password will appear at login screenshot. You can do this by booting in safe mode and reset the password with CMD
    As what Soomeay said , maybe reset the password with CMD would be complicated for me , right ?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    @jahwer, do you know how to use Command prompt (admin)? Here is one way to access it.
    Command prompt admin.JPG

Do you have data that needs to be saved?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    @jahwer, if none of the recommendations for setting your local admin password to blank, there are also a couple of other programs which will do so, but in each case there is user interaction: there isn't a program which will do so "automatically" that I know of.

When I asked "Do you have data that needs to be saved?" in post #29, it's because I'm wondering if you would consider a fresh install"

I believe it's still possible to install 1803.
    --- I haven't done a fresh install for a while but I don't remember being asked for a password in order to do so.
    --- Others may know so we'll need to know whether or not a password is required

Check this out and let us know if you would consider it: even though there is some user interaction, it's really based on how to move forward with the right choices that we can help with.
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12