Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Did you restart your system after making the changes?

Now running Windows 10 64 Bit OS.
    I am so far behind, I think I am First

Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Thanks
    Yes, I did. Thanks

Thanks
    I've got a little more info on this problem.

Computer 1, the older win 10 computer, is always the destination of the backup. I attempted to backup computer 3 to it, network path could not be found, via ethernet. I disconnected the ethernet from computer 1 and connected it via wifi. Now it found computer 3 on the network. Reconnec the ethernet, which then i see caused the wifi to disconnect. And I ran the backup succesfully.

So this time I decided let's see if since it is working, if I can go right ahead and connect to Computer 2. But it shows "network path not found."
    This test here was that since it found Computer 3, I hoped it would be able to find computer 2. but no luck. (maybe if at the first step if I had opened a window looking at computer 2 and left it open it would have succeeded?)

So I again disconnected the ethernet, connected wifi, it found the computer 2. reconnect the ethernet, and run the backup.

of course I could have run the backup via wifi, but I am trying to get these 3 to stay connected via ethernet.

Any idea?

Thanks

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 1,069 Posts
    That sounds like the ethernet network is not running discovery. Are you sure it's set to "Private"?
    Try deleting the ethernet network and device - from Device Manager - then re-installing it as "Private".

cheers, Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12