Thanks

Folder Settings Not Retained

I just got release 10277 on the fast ring. Previously my folder settings always carried through to the new release, this time the 'view, options, apply to all folders' command isn't working. Usually I customise all my folders to General and adjust one as I like it then use the view menu to set them all to the same settings, but this time some, but not all, are reverting back to base settings.
    Anyone else had similar problems?

Alex

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 1,065 Posts
    I believe you mean build 18277. I noticed that my Downloads folder was not displayed the same as before the install. Somehow a "Group By" option had been set. The "Apply all" was not available. I changed the "Group By" to "none" and then the "apply all" was reactivated.
    Joe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 799 Posts
    Given the incessant pace of Windows 10's beta builds (and any ensuing issues) vs the current (supposedly stable) Windows 10 builds, I suggest a new and separate forum for Windows 10 Insider/Fast/whatever beta builds vs the current Windows 10 stable build. It's just getting too confusing...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

bbearren (2018-11-08),lumpy95 (2018-11-08),RockE (2018-11-08)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
    I just got release 10277 on the fast ring. Previously my folder settings always carried through to the new release, this time the 'view, options, apply to all folders' command isn't working. Usually I customise all my folders to General and adjust one as I like it then use the view menu to set them all to the same settings, but this time some, but not all, are reverting back to base settings.
    Anyone else had similar problems?

Alex
    OK, I'm probably going to show my ignorance of Windows 10 but... isn't General just a tab label within Folder Options?

folder-options-general.png
    Click to enlarge

Thanks
    I think he means the "Optimize this folder for General items" selection in the Customize tab when you do a Folder Property operation.

Capture.JPG

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    I think he means the "Optimize this folder for General items" selection in the Customize tab when you do a Folder Property operation.

Capture.JPG

Jerry
    Darn... I'm sure you're right. Thank you.

I haven't yet found a method to determine this - either by registry, CMD, PowerShell or other... much to my disappointment. I've managed to automate it using AutoHotkey but it's not reliable. (Too much based on the speed/capability of the device.)

Anyway, too off-topic so I'll shut up.

Thanks
    Yes guys, I did mean optimised for general items. I dislike MS shepherding me into folder layouts it thinks I should use.
    Since my original post the problem appears to have gone and everything is now what I think of as normal. I've no idea why this happened or how it corrected itself, so solutions are now impossible.

Thanks for all your thoughts

Alex

PS. I agree with Ricks comment, insider issues warrant a seperate forum.
    Last edited by A1ex; 2018-11-09 at 05:51.