2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Devices & Printers

I was trying to pair BT headphones and found Broadcom USB BT device listed on Device Manager but Devices & Printers searched but found no devices. I also have 2 printers.
    How can no devices be found?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 820 Posts
    The Broadcom BT device should have a 'pairing' method once the BT headphones are set to broadcast its 'availability' signal. However, 'pairing' is a manual method so won't happen just because the BT device is within range.

The OS won't show any external BT device until it's paired because it's not yet part of any BT network.

If you give make and model nos. of the BT devices (including the BT 'base' attached to your Windows device) then perhaps we can help further with 'pairing' advice.

If you're using a laptop (as opposed, for example, to a PC with a USB BT dongle) then there's often a hardware switch or Function key combo that enables/disables the BT radio.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The BT dongle is Broadcom BCM 2070 3.0 and the headphones Sennheiser but I do not know the details. However, my post was not about a problem with pairing but a problem with Windows Devices and Printers. I am uncertain about your statement that the OS only sees the BT device when it has paired - this has not been my experience. The problem right now is that Device Manager sees the device and reports that it is working but Devices and Printers not only does not see the device but does not see my printers, speakers or usual cable headphone - all of which have always been recognised. If I go to Settings/Printers both printers are present and all details can be seen
    So the problem remains - what has happened to Devices and Printers and what can I do about it?

Thanks
    Sorry, I didn't explain very well. I don't have a Windows 7 device with Bluetooth to verify the process. However, my Win 10 laptop has Bluetooth and cannot see my Plantronics Bluetooth headset by default. Instead, I have to press and hold its ON/OFF button until its indicator light flashes, meaning that the headset has turned on its Bluetooth 'discoverable' mode. Once the headset is in 'discoverable' mode then my Windows 10 laptop does show it and asks if I want to connect (pair) with it.

Your Sennheiser headphones manual should show you how to turn 'discoverable' mode on. It's usually just press and hold the ON/OFF button. However, on another pair of Bluetooth headphones I have its ON/OFF and VOLUME UP buttons together... so you probably need your headphones manual to check.

Hope this helps...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for your reply but I must point out again that my problem is not pairing the headphones. I have paired many BT devices. The problem is that Devices and Printers does not see any devices or printers while Device Manager clearly identifies the BT dongle and repports tht it is working.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Update:
    I searched the internet and found this https://www.sevenforums.com/hardware...t-show-up.html I checked services and found the Bluetooth Support Service was disabled. I set this to automatic, started it and now Devices and Printers shows all my printers, router, bluetooth, headphones etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenWA View Post
    Update:
    I searched the internet and found this https://www.sevenforums.com/hardware...t-show-up.html I checked services and found the Bluetooth Support Service was disabled. I set this to automatic, started it and now Devices and Printers shows all my printers, router, bluetooth, headphones etc.
    Excellent... glad you got it sorted. Thanks for posting back.