Thanks

Twitter Timeline on my Website

A long time ago, I put a simple Twitter timeline on my website. It shows all my tweets in a chronological list. See it at the top right of THIS PAGE.

Formerly the text showed up in white on the black background of the page. A few months ago, the text began showing up in a hard-to-read gray color. Now, doing some year-end housekeeping, I'm trying to get it back to white.

When I look at Twitter's material about this, it seems that their whole method of displaying timelines has changed. Their explanations of the new way are impossibly opaque and overly technical. TMI squared.

All I want is to keep the display I have, but get the text back to white. I can easily share the contents of the existing Widget that creates the existing display.

Who can help?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks
    What (or where) is the "Twitter's material about this" you mentioned?
    I'm guessing you made something transparent or changed your font color somewhere (of course you've probably looked for that?),
    Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup...
    - - - - -
    Home Built System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek High Definition Audio

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RockE For This Useful Post:

Lou Sander (2018-12-19)

Thanks
    Well, in answering your question, I figured it out on my own!

I revisited the "Twitter's material" HERE. It was much clearer this time. I had been confused by their examples, thinking that they were part of the instructions, rather than examples of what the instructions can do. Their different styles for headings were also confusing (smaller than the styles for the headings of the examples). Once I got over that, things were simple and straightforward.

I believe my original problem started back in July or so, when Twitter deprecated the old way of embedding timelines and replaced it with a new one.

Once again, just formulating a question for this forum often leads to the solution to the original problem. In this case, I first had to respond to your question about my question.

You can see the new tweet stream HERE.

Thanks for your help!
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks
    The timeline doesn't show in Firefox, it does in Edge, and it's white on black.
    Cartophilia rocks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to access-mdb For This Useful Post:

Lou Sander (2018-12-20)

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback!

It's white on dark gray right now on Chrome and Microsoft Edge, white on black on Amazon Silk. Nothing but "Tweets by USSRankin" on Apple Safari on a very old iPad. The latter text is part of the code that puts the tweets onto the website, so it looks like it's at least working part way.

Sometimes it helps to reload the page once or twice.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Sander View Post
    Once again, just formulating a question for this forum often leads to the solution to the original problem. In this case, I first had to respond to your question about my question.
    So, next time just pretend to post and then you'll figure it out!

Congratulations!
    Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup...
    - - - - -
    Home Built System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek High Definition Audio

Thanks
    That happens more often than one might think. I try to prepare my questions as carefully as I can, to make them understandable and easy to respond to. Pretty often (or so it seems) merely preparing them carefully leads to an answer, so they never even make it to the forum.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Sander View Post
    Pretty often (or so it seems) merely preparing them carefully leads to an answer, so they never even make it to the forum.
    Yep, same here!

Reminds me of my corporate days working on systems. Looking at automating some process would result in clarifying & cleaning the manual process so much that often it didn't need automating after all.
    Lugh.
    ~
    Dell Alienware Aurora R6; Win10 Home x64 1803; Office 365 x32
    i7-7700; GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400; 2 x 256G SSD, 4TB HD