Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy95 View Post
    Yep, that's me. I have the same email address on both WS/AW but different names and passwords. The passwords shouldn't be a problem from what I've read since all history will be without the WS password and be rolled into my AW account. Is that correct?
    Yes. Or to put it another way, if anybody wants to continue using their "WS" account, they'll have to set up a new password for that account using the regular "Lost password" routines. We aren't bringing across any passwords from Windows Secrets.
    Woody

For Dummies book author, Senior Contributing Editor for InfoWorld, and long-suffering Windows victim. Check out the latest at AskWoody.com.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

CaDesertRat (2019-02-04)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    I have the same username and email address both here and on AskWoody. Will I be getting a "WS" prepended to my AskWoody username?

Or to put it another way, will I have both a bbearren and a WSbbearren on AskWoody?
    Yep, once the whale is swallowed, you'll have two accounts on AskWoody: bbearren and WSbbearren. At least, that's the way I envision it right now.

You can write to me at CustomerSupport@AskWoody.com and request to have the WSbbearren account -- all of it, including your posts -- merged into bbearren.

The devs may tell me that's impossible, but right now it appears to be the best way.
    Woody

For Dummies book author, Senior Contributing Editor for InfoWorld, and long-suffering Windows victim. Check out the latest at AskWoody.com.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

bbearren (2019-02-04),JC Zorkoff (2019-02-05),mledman (2019-02-05),RockE (2019-02-04),ScotchJohn (2019-02-05)

Thanks
    Or to put it another way, if anybody wants to continue using their "WS" account, they'll have to set up a new password for that account using the regular "Lost password" routines
    I guess I'm still a little confused LOL (which isn't hard to do for me).
    If I'm reading your post right and reading your reply to bbearren correctly, it sounds like there will be 2 separate forums. There will be a WS forum and an AW forum all at the same address.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy95 View Post
    I guess I'm still a little confused LOL (which isn't hard to do for me).
    If I'm reading your post right and reading your reply to bbearren correctly, it sounds like there will be 2 separate forums. There will be a WS forum and an AW forum all at the same address.
    Depends on what you mean by "forum." We'll all be in AskWoody.com. I've created new forums in AskWoody to map directly to forums here. We'll start out with a big infusion of posts (technically, Topics and Replies) in those new forums, but over time I expect folks will find the forum that fits their questions.
    Woody

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

CaDesertRat (2019-02-06),mledman (2019-02-05),ScotchJohn (2019-02-05)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123