Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrosz View Post
    I'm not sure of any recent changes to her computer. She has problems doing remote printing from her company's Windows 10 servers (only works once or twice per session). She connects to her office via Citrix, and her company's tech support probably changed something on the local computer.

My Google searches mostly point to driver issues. I'm not sure how to resolve this problem, other than restoring a backup from 12/30/18.
    Today I did restore her PC using the 12/30/18 Acronis backup image.

I was trying to avoid that. Based on past experience in January, now she will have problems connecting to the servers at her office. I requested that I get "dialed in" on any discussions with tech support regarding changes to her PC at home.
    Last edited by rgrosz; 2019-01-31 at 11:17.
    Rick Groszkiewicz
    Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Today I did restore her PC using the 12/30/18 Acronis backup image.
    I turned off Windows updates temporarily, just to be sure nothing would change. Then I started installing the critical updates.

After a few days of observation, there have been no system crashes - ALL the flakiness has disappeared. The Windows update that failed at 9:16 AM was successfully installed at 9:30 AM.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rick Groszkiewicz
    Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 850 Posts
    I turned off Windows updates temporarily, just to be sure nothing would change. Then I started installing the critical updates.

After a few days of observation, there have been no system crashes - ALL the flakiness has disappeared. The Windows update that failed at 9:16 AM was successfully installed at 9:30 AM.
    Thanks for the update. It's good to see from the screenshot that things are now looking good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12