3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Quickbooks Pro Plus 2018 - refund check

I have a balance showing in a customer's account for which I need to generate a check. Is there a way to do that which will then show the account cleared without having to create a credit memo?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm no expert, just the treasurer for our church and using QB, just upgraded to 2019 from 2016. If the account has a balance of at least the same amount and the amount is owed, issuing the check should bring the balance down to zero. If the check doesn't actually have to be created you might check about making a General Journal entry to clear it. But it may be necessary to wait until doing the Reconcile at the next bank statement. A Credit Memo usually shows as CR on the bank statement [on what I get] which means it's a Deposit into the account. DM/Debit Memo is what we use for expenditures not covered by the issuance of a check such as a loan payment on our parsonage and a transfer into our Savings account. But I may missing something in the question.
    "Inasmuch as God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair he did not also limit his stupidity." Konrad Adenauer
    Isn't this a Beautiful Day, just watch some bastard louse it up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2019-03-18)